Just recently, popular leadership blogger and all around great guy, Brian Dodd released his second book entitled Timeless. It’s a small book with a big leadership punch and I believe it’s a great book for pastors to grab and dive into. It’s also a good option to work through with your staff or with your ministry leaders (or both).
A bonus in this book for preachers is the fact that Brian uses a TON of illustrations. When you get his book (hardback | Kindle), grab your Evernote account and increase your sermon illustration file.
To give you a taste of what you can expect from it, here are 18 of my favorite quotes from Timeless by Brian Dodd.
18 of My Favorite Quotes from Timeless by Brian Dodd
All quotes are attributed to Brian Dodd unless he quoted someone else – which I attribute below.
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Your team is your primary difference maker.”
- “Show me a great team and I can almost always trace it back to a great leader.”
- “Rarely does arrogance and pride yield a long shelf life.”
- “Humble leaders know they have not arrived. They know they need to get better.”
- “Lasting leaders have learned what made them successful today will not keep them successful tomorrow.”
- “People want to follow curious and evolving leaders.”
- “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
- “There is a lot of chaos in a leader’s life. Peace is often found through preparation.”
- “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hincley
- “Great leaders will not let someone else’s performance or character determine theirs.”
- “Nothing great happens in a leader’s life without consistency.”
- “Faithfulness and consistency are the platforms for greatness.”
- “Nowhere in the Bible did God call anyone to an easy task.”
- “Leaders should always use their influence and platforms for shining the spotlight on others and improving the lives of as many people as possible.”
- “Achieving results is one of the primary things separating Apex Leaders from all others.”
- “Failure is not an option. It’s not even an imaginable possibility.”
- “People want to follow a leader with a clear vision and a plan to achieve it.”
Have you read it?
Grow as a Preacher and Leader [Free Resources]
Want to grow as a preacher and leader? We’ll help you do it. Just subscribe to the blog. And to get you started and as a way of saying thank you, we’ll include 6 free resources: Building a Leadership Pipeline Packet, Pre-Formatted Sermon Notes Template, Sermon Evaluation Worksheet, 56 Weeks of Preaching Topics, Sermon Series Planning Evernote Template, and the Weekly Productivity Evernote Template. All this for free when you subscribe.